The solutions we offer and our unique market niche have created opportunities for skills development in a demand-driven area of IT solutions in Africa. We work together with our staff as partners and jointly we have created a corporate culture that respects diversity and that values innovation, integrity and high-performance standards. We’re continually looking for the right people who know how to work hard and play hard. We foster a culture that is fun and supportive and our working environment is where your thirst for knowledge is quenched. Opportunities exist in sales, marketing, business development, project management, software development, software testing, and systems engineering.
To join our team, qualified applicants are requested to respond to any vacancies posted on our careers page. All applicants are requested to provide the following information when responding to job postings:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Details of your current remuneration package
- Three letters of reference (for short-listed candidates only)
POSITION: SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Tunu, a subsidiary of Tracom Services Limited, is an experiential marketing platform that lets retailers and brands reach their customers anywhere, anytime, simultaneously, and for an indefinite period, at significantly low cost.
We use Augmented Reality (AR) to build fun and exciting experiences to reward shoppers with discount coupons from Tunu partner retailers and brands.
LOCATION: NAIROBI, KENYA
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a seasoned back-end developer to design and build out a location-based gaming application. The primary responsibility will be the development of all server-side application logic, ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end (web and mobile app). In addition to designing and coding gaming assets for the solution, the developer will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements into the application; therefore, a good understanding of front-end technologies is necessary to also enhance the UI/UX for the end-user.
Required Skills / Qualifications
- Expert in .NET and/or Python, with knowledge of at least one Python web framework e.g. Django or Flask.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in .NET and/or Python
- Experience in developing location-based applications as well as 3D and AR frameworks
- Familiarity with animation editing tools as well as 3D modelling software (Unity3D, C#)
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform
- Strong unit testing and debugging skills
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (Git).
- Gaming and creative expertise is highly desired
- Knowledge Of Wikitude, SLAM
If you meet these qualifications and are interested in this opportunity, please send your application to email@example.com by 15th August 2021. Due to the urgent need to fill this position, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.