The solutions we offer and our unique market niche have created opportunities for skills development in a demand-driven area of IT solutions in Africa. We work together with our staff as partners and jointly we have created a corporate culture that respects diversity and that values innovation, integrity and high-performance standards. We’re continually looking for the right people who know how to work hard and play hard. We foster a culture that is fun and supportive and our working environment is where your thirst for knowledge is quenched. Opportunities exist in sales, marketing, business development, project management, software development, software testing, and systems engineering.
To join our team, qualified applicants are requested to respond to any vacancies posted on our careers page. All applicants are requested to provide the following information when responding to job postings:
- A personal history form
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Details of your current remuneration package
- Three letters of reference (for short-listed candidates only)
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT LEAD
Tracom Services Limited never compromises on integrity and is passionate about building productive, longstanding relationships by being truthful and promoting open communication.
The Research & Development Lead will play a key role in directing the company in creating new and innovative products and services thus improving the company’s competitiveness. An ideal candidate should be a curious individual who has an eye for opportunities and has ability to conceptualize solutions out of those opportunities. It is desirable that the person has a strong business orientation to assist the business teams turn the ideas into viable business ventures.
- Advising management on matters relating to new innovations and how to develop the ideas into business cases;
- Day to day management and administration of the Research and Development Unit;
- Implementation and realization of the Department’s agenda in the organizations plan and objectives;
- Keeping tabs and documenting current trends and developments in the industry with an aim of sharing information with the relevant team for discussion and adoption;
- Identifying research innovations of products that have practical significance to the company and devise strategies for their implementation;
- Development and validation of new products and services as per market trends;
- Carry out critical evaluation of research projects at all stages of their implementation;
- Advising on data processing, reporting and packaging for dissemination;
- Establishing and maintaining linkages with beneficiaries and stakeholders of research results and services;
- Formulation of research policies and strategies;
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation of the Research and Development programs and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, or related area;
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a research and development set up;
- Demonstrated ability to translate business ‘problems’ into solutions
- Good experience in research software such as SPSS or other specialist software’s.
- Experience of working in a software development field is a must;
- A strong team player who is focused on delivering results.