The solutions we offer and our unique market niche have created opportunities for skills development in a demand-driven area of IT solutions in Africa. We work together with our staff as partners and jointly we have created a corporate culture that respects diversity and that values innovation, integrity and high performance standards. We’re continually looking for the right people who know how to work hard and play hard. We foster a culture that is fun and supportive and our working environment is where your thirst for knowledge is quenched. Opportunities exist in sales, marketing, business development, project management, software development, software testing, and systems engineering.
To join our team, qualified applicants are requested to respond to any vacancies posted on our careers page. All applicants are requested to provide the following information when responding to job postings:
- A personal history form
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Details of your current remuneration package
- Three letters of reference (for short-listed candidates only)
Tracom Services Ltd is a payment solutions company with a focus to Alternative Banking Channels (ABC). Our solutions and associated back-end software have been pivotal for many institutions, banks and Micro finance. Our software development house is run by local professionals with a wide skill set and this provides us with an unrivaled innovation platform that gives our customers and clients a vital edge in today’s highly competitive environments.
The developer’s role is responsible for building and implementing functional programs in collaboration with other technical members throughout the application development life cycle. This role requires a team player who is open minded, has a keen eye for details and possesses strong problem-solving skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired application
- Work with other technical team members to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and address technical and design requirements
- Provide training and support to internal teams
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release and support)
- Produce fully functional applications writing clean code
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Liaise with Product development team to plan new features
- Ensure new and existing applications meet quality standards
- Research and suggest new products, applications and protocols
- Stay up-to-date with new technology trends
- Build Proof-of-Concepts (POC’s), internal tools and production systems that strike the appropriate balance of time/cost/security/performance/scale/maintainability.
- Service the Support and QA teams as a Subject Matter Expert whenever required
- BSc in Computer science or its equivalent
- At least three (3) years’ of relevant experience in a busy organization
- Good knowledge of spring boot, and angular frameworks
- Good knowledge of software version control tools like GIT
- Good knowledge of systems security
- Experience working with Android SDK
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g. Oracle, NoSQL, MongoDB, Hadoop, KDB/OneTick, MySQL
- Certified application developer is a plus
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (Hibernate)
- Demonstrable DevOps experience including the use of various DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, BitBucket, Ganglia, Logstash, etc.).
- Demonstrable Agile experience (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban).Familiar with SSL and SSH concepts.
- Experience with networking is required; DNS, DHCP, IPV6, NTP, or SYSLOG would be a plus.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages.